Locally referred to as the Steamboat House, this home has vernacular style elements of 19th century Mississippi steamboat-style architecture. It features two-story porches with turned spindle work, cross-gable roofline, and bay windows overlooking the corner of Ash and South 10th Streets. The original structure was built in 1883 by Edward Bell. By 1901 the home was owned by John J. Rutishauser, a local businessman. The large, sweeping Live Oak tree is older than the house. Prior to the 2019 renovation, the house had been used for commercial space, and now the house includes an addition as well as details consistent with the history of its architecture.