Amelia Island Museum of History wants you!
Are you looking for the right place to serve your community? The Amelia Island Museum of History offers a wide range of opportunities for anyone looking to take part in an exciting and innovative organization. If you have ever wanted to learn more about your community and have fun at the same time, this may be the spot for you and your talents. From leading walking tours of our historic district, to guiding guests through the Museum, or sifting through the pages of Nassau County’s past in our archives, the Amelia Island Museum of History has a place for you.
These are only a few of the ways that you can become involved at the Amelia Island Museum of History!
Please contact Thea Seagraves, Volunteer Coordinator, at (904) 261-7378 (x. 105) or email@example.com for further information.
- Archivist – help catalog and index our vast collection of old photographs, documents, newspapers, and aritfacts
- Building and Grounds – maintain the exterior and interior of the Museum
- Docent – lead visitors on our signature 8 Flags spoken history or Museum tours
- Greeter – welcome visitors, hand out tour tickets, work in our Gift Shop
- Guide – lead visitors on one of our several walking tours including Ghost and Centre Street and historic home tours
- Library Assistant – help researchers and answer library policy questions
- Office Assistant – assist with general Museum office tasks
- Sitter – greet guests on walking tours as you sit comfortably in some of the area’s most beautiful historic homes
- Dramatic Interpreter – Develop and portray a character from the fascinating past of our area’s history
- Garden Angels – Help maintain the museum’s grounds and historic garden
- Maritime Greeter – welcome visitors to our satellite location at the docks, encourage people to visit the main museum