Hours: Mon - Sat: 10 am - 4 pm / Sun: 1 pm - 4 pm
Phone : 904.261.7378
Membership, sponsorship, and volunteering are the most important ways you can help the Amelia Island Museum of History ‘unlock the past, celebrate the present and prepare for the future.’
Amelia Island and its surroundings is the site of some of the nation’s earliest European activity and prior to 1975 there was no one to tell our story. With this need in mind, a group of local residents began meeting and in 1977 founded the “Fernandina Historical Museum”. Our Museum has grown and flourished, but NOT without CONTINUING broad support, both financial and in manpower, from the community!
That Museum has grown to be one of the centerpieces of Amelia Island. We have programs, exhibits and preservation efforts covering many aspects of island history:
- The Veteran’s History Project and Heritage Keepers Project capture the voices of local heroes and local residents that would otherwise be lost.
- Educational programs for all Nassau County school children bring them to the Museum to tour and do hands-on projects to learn about their local history. Our Summer Camps add to the educational opportunities for children
- Our archives have grown to be one of the most popular in Florida, with much of it accessible online. The museum’s collection contains over 11,000 items and includes: photographs, books, documents, maps, objects, and digitally recorded oral histories.
- Ongoing, twice monthly educational programs bring our stories to the public.
All of this is accomplished with only 4 professional full-time staff and 3 part-time staff. None of this would be possible without the generous financial support of the community AND their donation of time to the activities that interest them within the Museum.
JOIN WITH US TO CONTINUE PRESERVING THE HISTORY OF OUR AMAZING ISLAND!
We are grateful for the generosity of our donors and the many ways they support our museum. From contributions to our Annual Fund to Bequests to our Museum, your tax-deductible financial contributions make it possible for us to bring alive and preserve Amelia Island’s rich history.
Your membership support helps our team create an exciting and diverse calendar of exhibitions and programming for you and our community. Become a Member to learn about our rich history, strengthen your connection to the community, and help us fulfill our mission “to bring alive and preserve the area’s rich history”.
Are you looking for the right place to serve your community? The Amelia Island Museum of History offers a wide range of opportunities for anyone looking to take part in an exciting and innovative organization. If you have ever wanted to learn more about your community and have fun at the same time, this may be the spot for you and your talents. From leading walking tours of our historic district, to guiding guests through the Museum, or sifting through the pages of Nassau County’s past in our archives, the Amelia Island Museum of History has a place for you.
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO
ALL OUR HIGH-LEVEL DONORS:
- Mr. and Mrs. Allen Lennon
- Mr. John Baechie
- Mr. Bill Amos
- Mr. and Mrs. Paul Condit
- Ms. Carol Newburger
- Ms. Prudence Hostetter
- Mr. Dave Norris
- Mr. Robert Hull
- Ms. Delores Weaver
- Ms. Sue Braddock
- Mr. Don Davis
- Ms. Susan Martin
- Ms. Patricia Stichweh
- The Range at Crane Island
- Amelia Island Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Nassau County Commission
** Gold color designates donors who donated $10K or higher to the museum