Hours: Mon - Sat: 10 am - 4 pm / Sun: 1 pm - 4 pm
Phone : 904.261.7378
AMELIA ISLAND MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Amelia Island Museum of History gets its energy and its strong reputation in part from an extremely active group of Volunteers. We would love for you to find a place with us, sharing our enthusiasm for our local history, engaging with the community, and helping to preserve our past and our present for generations to come! We have a wide variety of rewarding activities, both for those who want to engage with the public and those who want to work behind the scenes:
- Greeter – welcome visitors, hand out tour tickets, work in our Gift Shop
- Docent – lead visitors on our signature 8 Flags Spoken History Tour in the Museum
- Guide – lead visitors on one of our several walking tours: Ghost Tour, Pub Crawl, Centre Street and Architecture Tour to name a few
- Summer Camp Leader – lead parts of our Annual Summer Camps for Nassau County school children
- Archivist – help catalog and index our vast collection of old photographs, documents, newspapers, and artifacts
- Building and Grounds – maintain the exterior and interior of the Museum
- Garden Angel – help maintain the museum’s grounds and historic garden
- House Sitter – greet guests on Walking Tours as you sit comfortably in some of the area’s most beautiful historic homes
- Dramatic Interpreter – develop and portray a character from our fascinating past, as part of our programs for adult and school groups
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please select the “Apply” button below and fill out the application which will appear. Once your application is submitted you will be contacted by our Volunteer Coordinator.
“I love the preservation of history and meeting the new people that come to visit our museum. I also just love telling the 400 year history of our island.”
– Pat Panella, Former Docent
“I loved learning the history of the island, and I enjoy sharing that information with others.”
– Pat Murray, Docent
“The pirate and ghost talks are my favorites. They let us use our acting skills to create a sense of drama.”
– Joe Anderson, Walking Tour Guide
We Look Forward To Working With You!
For more information contact Thea Seagraves, Volunteer Coordinator, at 904.261.7378 x105 or email@example.com.